The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
skahide
Looking @ 67 Chevy Short Step

It still wont start!!!

Several months ago i purchased a 82 gmc high sierra short step, it has a 350 with 4 in floor, i was driving it one day to see if i hooked the speedo cable correctly and it died on me, exactly like it ran out of gas (no surprise my gas guage is broken). I go get gas and fill it all the way and try it again, NOTHING. after listening to my father in law i poured a little gas in the carb and it started for just a second and we realized that when the gas was poured in that it was leaking out the side of the carb. So i have had the carb rebuilt and a new batt cause the other died and new batt cables. i hook it all up and i have no power to the truck. no headlight, nothing. Could the starter be at fault. i tested the batt and it is fine. i checked the ground, and the connections. i asked an auto store guy about the proper connections to the starter and this is what he told me, there will be three wires, one big(to battery) and two small, but the 2 small will be together on one connector. so the big goes to the big bolt and the small wires go to the small bolt. But i have a total of 4 wires, one big, two small on one connector, and one small. he told me to splice all the small together and put on one bolt and the big on the big bolt. STILL DOESNT WORK!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!! sorry so long.
skahide is offline   Reply With Quote