The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
Robert1970C20rstbukt

You guys won't beleive this, someone rearended my truck.............

It happened at like 11AM this morning. I was a asleep and heard what I thought was a gunshot but I heard tires squeal and I knew it was something else. My mom and sister started screaming that someone hit my truck. I friggin jumped out of the bed and put my jeans and a tshirt on and went outside and looked, and it wasn't as bad as i expected. The rear bumper on my truck was a step bumper from a '80s FURD, and was twisted all to hell. The drivers bedside didn't get any real damage, but the driver side door doesn't close very easy now. Thats not good. That means it pushed the whole damn body of the truck forward. The bedside is really close to the cab. I just hope like hell that the frame isn't bent, even though it's the rear end anyway. The car that hit my truck was a brand new Camaro that this girl had just got two days ago. She said she was going to work and she looked off to the other side and didn't see my truck in front of her. That's just bull $hit. And she had to have been hauling ass, because she pushed my truck forward at least 10 feet. I know because I could see where the tires skidded. The point of impact was the drivers side of the bumper and the passenger side of her car was toast, but it was driveable. Yeah I feel sorry for her but my truck is gonna need a lot of work now and I can bet that her damn insurance company isn't gonna do squat because my truck is so old and it looks like crap. We did take pics of it and I will post 'em as soon as they are developed. The stupid thing is that it was parked less than a foot from the curb!!!!!! Sorry about the rant but dammit i'm so pissed off right now.

1984 Chevrolet C30 welding truck 454/SM465
1977 GMC C15 pickup 350/TH350
1970 Chevrolet C20 pickup 350/TH400
1970 Chevrolet K20 Suburban 454/TH350
1969 GMC 8500 478M V6/5 spd winch truck
Robert1970C20rstbukt is offline   Reply With Quote