The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
71MoneyPit
MPG...hmm..more like GPM

Been a LOONNGG time...

Hey all,

Boy its been a long time since i've been on here, Things in my life just got so hectic last year that I kinda lost touch with everyone on here.

My grandfather was in the hospital for the better part of last summer with pancreatitus That sure is nasty stuff) and Gall stones. He was in the hospital 35 days before they were finally able to do surgery on the Gall Bladder. While they were in there fixing all of that they found a small spot of cancer in his bladder, but they were able to remove all of it. They caught it before it had a chance to spread. Thank God he made it through it all. He is starting to get his energy back and is able to do the things he wants again(fishing).

I also had been working on the Moneypit almost everday there for about a year and I kinda got a little burnt-out working on it, so i just fixed everything that it needed to be dependable as a driver and left it at that. It sure was nice just to enjoy driving it for a while(when i could afford to..500Caddy+ $2.20 gas=$$$$) without working on the dang thing all the time

We also lost one of our Akitas that we had for 10 years to a heart attack this summer(while my grandfather was still in the hospital no less ) We heard her one night about 2:00am let out a eerie howl and we ran out and found her in the pen laying on her side breathing erratically. She died right there in our arms(at least her last sight was all the people that loved her holding her till her last breath ) Talk about a stressful summer

Me and my parents also bought ATVs last year for us to have some fun with. we had been looking at them for a lot of years but never could afford them, We finally saved up the money and were able to buy 3, a orange KFX-700(my fathers)- a white Suzuki z-250(My mothers) and a Red-Black Arctic Cat DVX-400(mine). I was amazed at how much fun and how big a stress relief it is to ride them. we usually take them out at least once a weekend or more. You also get good exercise riding them.

Well im starting to ramble I just wanted to let everyone know i didn't fall off the face of the earth or something. Maybe this year will turn out better( I dont know how it could end up worse than last year)

71 C-10, 500ci of tire shredding Caddy torque, th400, 12 bolt w/Powertrax Lock-Right. Bald Rear Tires

85 Toyota 4x4- 22r 4-banger, 5 speed, I can actually AFFORD to drive this one.
71MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote