The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #1
rocky2

Unhappy hello folks

I have not posted on this board for probably at least six months to a year.
I have been watching this board wishing things were different and agonizing over this, however I really have no choice I have to let her go.
I have a 1970 gmc burb that I stripped to start a restomod, and money ran out I figure as she sits right now I have about 6000.00 in her and need around 4000.00 more to finish her they way I want. so if I pull the eng and trans I can use those elswhere and try to sell the rest.
I realize that I am rambling here but this is really hard for me.
My question is would it be better to sell her as a package minus eng trans or part her out ?
I realize I wont get what I have in her back but I would like to get some of it back
I have three inch drop spindles, one and a half inch drop springs, inch and 7/8 front sway bar. upper and lower a arms have been powder coated all of the steering parts are new, the rotors are used but great shape new brake calipers I have the five lug axles installed in the rear adjustable panhard bar 17 inch centerline I believe they are called hawks. the body is great, almost no rust, almost dent free. rear is gate and hatch I have a new windshield seal still in the box. any way she needs the glass put back in interior and drive train I have the drive shaft.
So what are your opions on what I should do with her?
Thanks for your time and letting me spill my guts on here.