The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #11
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddpile
Seems I'm getting mixed reviews on this product. Does anyone know how many RCA cables there are? I want to run 2 amps, a sub amp and a component amp.
As long as you have one pair of good RCA's, you can work around this in an acceptable way.

There are two imemediate and cheap options:
Option 1) Go to Radio Shack and get an RCA-splitter or passive crossover block. The passive crossover block will usually accept one RCA input and split it out to usually three - front/rear/sub, but some have a four-way split to do a center channel also.

Option 2) Go buy a cheap EQ, crossover or preamp unit (most preamps and EQ's are dash mountable). The dash-mounted units will give you more control because they usually have knobs or sliders to adjust the signals. A preamp, crossover or EQ will give you the adjustability you need to tweak the signals to make sure your three amps are getting all the sound you need.

#1 is a good temporary fix. #2 is the recommended solution and you can usually net the parts pretty cheap at CarDomain or a similar place.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote