The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2005, 02:07 PM   #11
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Shortbed
Hey Tree, Thats nothing. Years ago I got on a plane and flew from Atlanta to Kentucky to look at a '63 Riviera that was in "mint" condition. It was "at the shop having the headliner redone". Well, it was at the shop allright... it was all over the shop. Parts of it were even outside the shop. Biggest sack of *hit I have ever seen. I was ready to kick some *ss. The owner is lucky he was out of state.... he lived in Florida at the time. The shop owner was pissed because he kept sending people over to look at it.
The shop owner should have been smart enough to talk to his lawyer and start clocking the time he spent showing the car. After 30 days he then could file a mechanics lien, sell the car at auction and bill for the difference. Even if the owner's out of state, his personal property can be attached and sold at auction. Mechanics have very strong laws in their favor to handle the non-paying deadbeat.

As far as rust-free, a few years back I had one that took the cake. I had a request on the stovebolt board to look over an AD burb that was advertised as rust-free. I went armed with a camcorder and camera. Every panel on the truck had rust holes, from the front fenders to the barn doors. Floor had some holes covered with tin. Included on the deal was a pile of sheet metal the owner had collected over the years to repair the rusted out sections, hence it was "rust-free". It was also supposed to run, but it didn't even qualify for "it ran when I parked it". The carburetor was on the floorboard with an extremely dusty air cleaner on top of the intake manifold. To top the whole deal off it turned out the guy didn't own the truck, he had it and about 20 other old vehicles titled to his business which was being sold. After the lawyers finished with him he ended up filing for bankruptcy. I was real surprised he didn't end up in jail.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote