The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
jhwkns
Registered Cruiser

New Carpet installed

I installed the carpet saturday. The kit I used was made by Custom Auto Carpets Inc. When I first took it out of the box it was pretty wadded up, but after a couple hours in the warm desert sun it smoothed right out. The fit was excellent, and the overall quality was better than I anticipated. I was surprised that the front area had dense padding that was about a half inch thick. For sound deadening under the carpet I used a prduct similar to bituthane. It's an adhesive backed weatherproofing material. I hope I never have to remove it because that stuff is really stuck. I bought it at home depot. Twenty bucks for a 12X36" roll. There was plenty to do the floor, most of it double thick. It might not be as effective as Dynamat or similar products, but the price was definatly right. Between the carpet, and the sticky black stuff it really quieted things down. It's like driving a different truck with everything I've done in the last couple weeks. Next weekend I plan on building a console, and carpeting the kick panels. I went to the carwash this morning to vacuum it out and clean things up, but couldn't stop there and ended up detailing the whole dang truck.
Attached Images