The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
R@nger
Psalm 23

New Guy

I just found this site and I must say I'm very impressed. I've been looking for a site like this for a while now.

I do have a question that's been puzzling me a little bit.

Last year my friend ask me if I wanted this old truck he bought from some farmers son. Of course I accepted but the thing is I'm not exactly sure what model my truck is. I'm almost positive it is a 71 but like I said the model I'm unsure of. Let me tell ya the things I do know about it so you truck gurus can work your magic. It's a 3/4 ton, 350, 2wd, AT(Really wish it was manual but I got the truck for FREE so I'm not sweatin it ).

I've already done alot of body work and still have alot to do. I've done the whole right side and its looking pretty good. I just ordered some Heddman headers, K&N 14x4 air filter, Accel 8.8 Spiral spark plug wires and a Tach(Find it annoying to not see my RPMs. ). I'm also getting a custom exhaust done sometime within this month.

My next project will be to take the engine out, rebuild it, and strip and paint the engine compartment.

I'd appreciate any feedback on what my truck model is and I'm definately open to suggestions on what I should do with my truck. So you have an idea of where I'm heading with it let me just say it's not going to be stock. I'm going for a newer, beefed up look. I'm almost 100% positive I'm gonna paint it black but I'm thinkin a midnight blue would look great too.

Thanks

Last edited by R@nger; 04-01-2005 at 06:02 PM.
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote