The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
GreyHoundSteve

rear wheel offset issues, advice needed

Well it looks like i messed up big time here. I finally got around to mounting my rims today and the rear is WAY OFF. I have boss 311 rims, the front are 20x8.5 with +10 mm offset and 5 1/8 bsm. They look almost perfect with the 2.5" drop spindels and 1.5" drop springs but the rear is another story.

The rear rims are 22x9.5 with +12 mm offset and 5.682 bsm. The rear of my truck has 6" drop springs and the rear wheels were so far tucked in that i had to remove the fenderwells just to get them on and they are sucked in WAY TOO FAR. My truck is a 67 and i have heard that they have a narrower rear end but i am at least 3 inches from where i need to be on each side. What are my options here?

Has anyone ever used adaptors or am i asking for trouble? Are my only options getting new rims or a wider rearend? If i opt for a new rearend does someone know one they could recomend that might be the length i need?

Any help is appreciated.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote