The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
0ptikal

Talking LS1 / Tremac swap...NEED HELP!

Hey guys I've got a new project for my truck.... I'm removing my cousins 98 ss ls1 and 6 spd tremac. It's fully assembled and have the ECU. Wirings in route from painless. But before I try and set this thing in I'm trying to figure out what else i need to get. I know I need to modify the oilpan everyone told me and motor mounts are different (saw some on ebay but they say will adapt novas nothing about c10's) As well this truck is an auto so i know i will need a clutch pedal, and a different length drive shaft. This engine is built, ran a 10.5 on the engine in the car and 9.2 off the bottle. Was just rebuilt with all new forged , balanced and blueprinted rotatign assembly 25 miles ago and has been sitting he can't sell it whole for what he wanted so I offered to part it out if he would sell me the engine. If anyone has any helpful ideas I'm greatly open to them. Have been having a fit getting this setup out of that damn camero because i tried to get it all out from the top in one piece am going to have to drop the k member and drop it all out the bottom. Anyway thanks for your help in advance as always.
0ptikal is offline   Reply With Quote