The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
subtle71
Granddad's Ol' Truck

Awesome! 1971 Pic of Papaw's new truck!!

I was digging through some boxes of junk the other day and found a hidden treasure! It was a picture of my grandfather's 1971 Chevy Custom/10 Deluxe with a slide in camper. The pic was taken when the truck was fairly new. He is the original owner of the truck and still owns it to this day. I own my other grandfather's old Chevy and can't wait to add this one to my collection. It is a 350 V8, auto, ac, deluxe interior, and all around nice truck. It still has the dealership stamped rear bumper. Remember when the dealerships put their badging in the cowl area between the fenders and the doors? He opted to replace the original white front bumper with a chrome one, but still has the original white one wrapped up under his house. He tried to give it to me for my '70 Blazer I had a few years ago. I was too lazy to get an extra set of marker lights to fill in the openings, or change the grille over.

Anybody else have any original photos?

Dean
Attached Images

2005 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD crew cab 2wd

[I]1971 Chevrolet Custom 10 Deluxe lwb fleet-side
subtle71 is offline   Reply With Quote