The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

Unhappy Things that make ya go What the F@#$!!!

I-5 is having some bridges replaced along the 30 mile route I take to school daily so I have been taking a scenic little backroad to school.

Monday morning: I slow down through the S turns coming into Wilbur ,a town of maybe 15, and notice a relatively clean Ochre colored '71 or '72 long bed Gmc sitting accross from the little store in a guy's yard. I had not seen it the day before and it would have been imossible to miss that color truck as it is sitting 15 feet from the road. I thought to myself " somebody got themselves a nice project there. and continued on to school.

Monday afternoon: I slowed way down and almost came to a stop to check her out. No obvious rust in the rockers, body's straight, paint is faded and the grandpa mirrors are as ugly as they were in 1972. Other than that this is one clean truck, even the grille was nice and shiny, and no obvious dents or damage.

Tuesday morning: I had to take a double take as I came out of the S turn and saw the truck sitting there with its hood off. The GMC grille that had been near perfect the day before was now holding the entire weight of the truck up as the new owner had suspended it from a lift to remove some parts from her underbelly. The grille had been ripped almost free from the radiator support and was pulling both fenders in. "Hope the friggin' cable snaps on him" I thought as I went by.

Tuesday afternoon: I had to run into town after school, but decided to go the longer way home so I could see what other evil acts had been performed. I pulled into the little store and parked my Toyota. I couldn't believe the "progress" this nim-rod had made. The entire front clip had been yarded off and was sitting about twenty feet away in the mud. The hood was leaning up against a tree. and the cab was laying upside down next to the gutted remains of her. The mud streaks on the cab showed it had been rolled off the frame onto the ground.

This morning: The cab has now been "rolled" (not on a dolly mind you, more like a snowball) a little further away and the entire front suspension was laying askew in its place. The greasy frame horns sat in a couple of jackstands. I'm still thinkin' "if this guy is gonna start a cab off restoration , he's goin' about it kinda bass-ackwards." I floored the Toyota and sped off to school.

This afternoon: A fresh coat of gloss black had been applied to the frame rails from the bed right up to where this idiot had blue-wrenched the frame off. Yep, an almost perfect GMC reduced to scrap-weight and a "wood" trailer.

This has got to be the ultimate insult for any pick-up. To top it off the moron drives an old beat to sh!t F@rd F-150. I hate seeing Old Chevy's destroyed like that, then made to be pulled around by another make.

I've got to go by the "crime scene" on my way to school tomorrow, I'll stop off and snap some pics of the carnage.
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote