The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2005, 02:10 AM   #1
Hunter
Lovin' Arizona Since 1961

Score!!

My brother called me up, asked me if I needed a good running 350, 4 bolt out of a 70 Chevy pickup. Well, yeah, sure I sez. How much? Well, turns out, a mechanic where he takes his truck had a motor for a future project, but needed the bucks and the engine out of his storage unit. For 200 bucks, I got a 355 (bored .030") with double hump heads, an Edelbrock intake and carb, a pair of way cool Mickey Thompson valve covers, a new T350 torque converter, flywheel, starter, alternator, water pump, power steering pump, a real good oil pan, new gasket set, a decent engine stand, 2 torque converter covers, one brand new, two plastic tote boxes full of stuff: A big box of bolts and brackets, tons of new tubes of form-a-gasket and locktite, a pair of tow hooks, and a half dozen cans of gray primer (?), an Autometer triple gage set, new, and a bunch of other junk. Too cool.
I asked the guy about the engine. He said he wouldn't hesitate to put a new timing chain and gear set and an oil pump on it and put it in my truck as is. Said it ran good and didn't smoke. I'll check the compression before I sink any $$ in it, but I figure the heads are worth the price I paid. Project motor for MY truck now! Cool. Watch for future updates. Its either a go-getter or a grenade ! We'll find out soon enough. H.
Attached Images