The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
wingman

How much money to repair rust?

Between the new engine, trans, tires, radiator, etc. I have over 5 grand into my truck not counting the intial price. It runs and drives great now the only problem is that a lot of the stuff under the trucked is rusted. I didnt know rocker boxes existed until i saw pics here. It is going to need new rockers, rocker boxes, passenger floor, and probably windshield frame repair. The outside of the body isnt bad. I am jsut wondering how much it usally costs to do all that, the problem is i dont have a welder and a good sawzall, so that would be extra cost too. Just looking for a ball park how much time and money it usally costs to do all that ( i guess it involves pulling the whole body off etc ). I am just worried that I am in over my head and I am already low on cash as a broke college student, and if I descided to sell it how much of that money could i get back out of it. Thanks for your time people.

Last edited by wingman; 04-18-2005 at 07:26 PM.
wingman is offline   Reply With Quote