The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
R@nger
Psalm 23

Update and a couple questions.

Well today I went down to the dmv and got my temporary registration for my truck. I then checked everything on my truck and took her down to the exhaust shop to have a brand new system put on .

I've got to tell ya I was nervous the whole way to the shop...with the truck being old and this being the first time its seen REAL driving in years and years and all the work I've done on it...oh man I had the windows down, it was raining and about 38-40 degrees but I was sweating. Shes more my baby then I realized .

However I made it to the shop no problem and the truck ran GREAT. Needless to say I was extremely relieved .

I did however noticed a couple things that I have some questions about.
1. First the turn signal is backwards. When you pull the turn signal knob up it turns on the left turn signal and the other way around for the right side. I think the previous owner wired it wrong...or something. Is there an easy way to fix that problem?
2. My fuel gauge always seemed to work when I would add 2 gallons or so to the tank when I was workin on it as the guage would always go up and then back down depending on the gas level. Thing is when I took it to the gas station and gave it 5 gallons the gas guage just seemed to stay stuck in the same place it was before I added gas. So I guess my second question is how would I go about checking the fuel guage. I know how the guage hooks up but once it goes into the gas tank I'm a little lost.
3. Lastly my temperature gauge is definately messed up. I say that because as soon I got down the road 2 or 3 miles the temperature gauge was slammed on hot. I pulled over and checked it out but it definately wasn't overheating...not even close. I put my ear to the radiator cap and it wasn't even bubbling so I took off the cap and it wasn't boilin at all..it was just fine. The radiator fluid was running through all the pipes just fine..I don't understand it.

I really appreciate all help on this, thanks .

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy

Last edited by R@nger; 04-19-2005 at 11:19 PM.
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote