The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
woodman13
woodman13

Sold my 1971 Sub....or did I!?

I sold my 1971 Sub about 45 days ago to a lady for her husband sight unseen for $1500. I was going to store it for them till 1 May so they could work out something with it bla bla bla. Today, the guy showed up at my house to pick it up. He got in the Sub that we had to jump off to get running and drove away. Four hours later I get a call from him and he is like 1 mile from my house broke down. Then he tells me he ran out of gas and had to tow it to a gas station to put gas in it(I guess that is easier than using a gas can). Now this is the funny part, he said the gas tank fell halfway out of the truck and gas spilled everywhere(don't ask me why this happened I never took the tank out). Now, I have bought many old cars and trucks, never have I showed up to drive them home without tools or a trailer or both. The guy wanted me to load up a jack, some tools and come fix the truck. I know what yall are thinking, wow this guy sucks, he could just go fix the truck and send them on there way, or I could put the truck on my car hauler and tow it for him. Right before he called his wife called my cell phone and left a message cussing me out and demanding her money back and said I sold them a piece of $h!t. I did not get her message till I got off the phone with her husband. She sounded crazy like she was going to set my house on fire or something. Are my expectations about selling a vehicle unrealistic? I wanted to sell this sub because I did not have time to fix it. It was a little rusty(rockers and rear wheel openings), it ran ok, needed a tune-up, did not smoke, had a SB 400 and T400 trans, frt and rear A/C with good interior and new tires and aluminum rims. I sold it for exactly what I paid for it 16 months ago. Has anything like this ever happen to anyone? I figure I will end up in court over this truck in a few months.

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 rolling coal!
1994 Caprice 9C1 88K miles, LT-1, dropped/shaved
1967 C-30 350 4 sp dually
1971 C10 SWB BBC, auto; good driver
woodman13 is offline   Reply With Quote