The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
Peregrine

Thumbs down Classic Performance Products

This could end up being a rather long post, so I apologize. three months ago I tore my front end apart and discovered I needed some lower control arms rather badly. The only place I could find some was at CCP. I caleld them up and they told me their batch of new ones was bad and they had to send them back but I could buy used ones taht were spec-ed and powdercoated. i was told the new ones would take at least 5 weeks to arrive because of the defect but the refurbished ones could be shipped the next day. Not a bad deal, so I ordered some arms and upper cross shafts. A week later I got my upper cross shafts, but no arms. What gives? Give them a call and the guy tells me the person who sold me the arms was mistaken and it would take 2 weeks from the order date to ship the arms because they made them on a on-demand basis. Ok, I'll give you that. Two weeks later I call and am given another promise of 2 weeks. I just want some control arms, so I give them 3 weeks and call them back and I'm told they are at the powdercoaters and will be shipped as soon as they get back. Yay, I'll get some control arms soon. 2 weeks later, no control arms. They say I'm 6th on the list to get them. WTF? I was told they were at the powdercoaters. If they are at the powdercoaters, it seems logical they are finished and jsut need to be sent. 2 weeks later I call and by this point I have to start throwing weight around, I'd been nothing but nice to them because I know better than to piss off a machinist that holds your parts in the balance. He says 2 weeks and I tell him I don't belive him. Only good news is that because some people want to wait for the new ones, I'm 2nd on the list. I said that if they weren't on a truck in 2 weeks my order was going to be cancled and I would never buy from their company again. Today I call up and I'm told once again that they should be in this week. I cancled my order and it'll be a long time before I even think or ordering from them again. I was nothing but patient and kept getting bull ****ted. It's too bad because they have a lot of cool products. I give the guy on the phone credit because I talked to him nearly everytime I called about them. 2 weeks ago he spent a good amount of time going through the shop and talking to people to try and figure out why I didn't have my arms. I just couldn't let them push me around like that anymore though. I'm now on the hunt for control arms....again. I'm calling board vendors tomorrow and if anyone knows one or is selling lower control arms for a 71-72 C10, PM me please.

Let the world change you and you will change the world.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote