The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
BabyBlue
The Peacemaker

Curse or Heritage???

I don't know what I want to do. With my dad building his 72' 2wd blazer (BTW I updated that thread) and seeing all of these other 2wd 70-72 Blazers and Jimmys running around I think I'm about to go mad. I'm only 18, and have a 78' stepside which is one of the two trucks I have dreamed about owning since I was younger and I have a downpayment on the blazer, and still have some change in the bank from working.....Latley I have been going so crazy about getting one of these blazers I have been thinking about just liquidating my inventory (1 Truck) and buying one, whether it be from my friend or looking around for one. I have grown up with my dad owning at least 7 71' or 72' pickups/blazers during my childhood and at least 50 in his years of driving, the most recent being his 72 swb and his now current 72 blazer. I have always liked that vintage of truck and always wanted on for myself just haven't ever been in a position money wise to own one and really since about a year ago I have been and I guess I never realized it.

Heres the deal.....since I want one of these so bad, is it wrong to sell my stepside even though I have only owned it for about a month to a month and a half? I know 3 people that would give there left nut to own it and have the money to do so and I'm definately not worried about keeping or retreiving my downpayment from the 79' blazer because I know if I don't buy it from Chris he will probably keep it till his grave. I love this brown stepside but I never really thought it was one of those vehicles I was going to have forever, and since I have had offers on it and have been in a position to buy a 2wd blazer of this vintage I was just wondering if I should.

Sorry for writing something so long but I really wanted to get this off my chest and get some opinions....I'm probably going to do this regardless but I think I might need a little push.

For the trouble heres some pics of the White Blazer

79k original miles & being restored

1979 Chevy 2wd Short Wide
aka "Emma-Jayne"
Cordova brown with mandarin guts

2019 Chevy Tahoe LT

Previous rides:
-2002 Firehawk T/A, 2006 Trailblazer SS AWD, 2014 GMC Sierra RCSB, 1971 2wd Blazer, 1996 SNB, 1997 2dr 2wd Yukon, 2001 Silverado RCSB, 2011 Silverado Z71 4x4, 1982 2wd Blazer, 1997 2dr Tahoe, 1970 Chevelle SS, 1972 2wd Blazer, 1986 Silverado Stepside, 1995 S-10, 1985 Silverado SWB.
BabyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote