The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #1
68c10owner

kinda weird

about a year ago I sold my old 68 lwb in Napa CA. It was kind of beat up but it ran good. Anyway, I`m now living in a apartment complex in Carmichael,75 miles away,and I go take the dog out to do his business and I see a 71/72 chevy in the parking lot. For some reason I noticed the dent on the top of the tailgate and thought it looked familyar. After closer inspection it turns out to be the gate from my old 68. My truck was white with a orange tailgate with the factory "disc brake" sticker on it. I primered the tailgate white to match the rest of the truck. I looked at the inside of the gate on this other truck and it was a orange gate and you can see the disc brake sticker I primered over. there is no doubt it`s my old tailgate. I just thought it was weird that I see this 75 mles away in my small apartment. I just wanted to share the story.