The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
Zonaman

Angry That does it!

I'm pissed (enough to finally do something)! My wife's car got stolen yesterday! Got it back but I'm finally going to beef up theft deterant on the cars. In the case of my truck I'm going to put in that kill switch I've been thinking of. I want to go under the hood because a) I can get a lock for that and b) I figure the thief would be less inclined to want to go under as it's more conspicuous than work inside. Also, no light under the hood for night jobs unless you want to attrack more attention with a flashlight. I was going to install either a toggle or an inline fuse on the 18 guage black wire coming off the battery to the starter. I'd need to conceal the toggle as well as possible. An inline fuse could switch between a blown fuse and a good one and would be least likely to be spotted as fuses are a common and expected sight in engine compartments. Question: What amp fuse or toggle should I use for this? I'd apprecate any other thoughts as well. I know nothing's fool proof , but I hope to slow down the low life, joy riding punks a bit anyway.

Thanks.

Last edited by Zonaman; 05-28-2005 at 06:45 PM.
Zonaman is offline   Reply With Quote