The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
R@nger
Psalm 23

Where do I go from here?

Ok I'm sure by now most of you have been following or at least seen my distributor troubles. Well in my last post I got the truck started and everything was great until a few hours later when I tried to start the truck and it wasn't even producing a spark. Now I tested the power to the distributor with a digital multimeter and it showed no power at all.

Today was the first time I've gotten to work on the truck since and I noticed a few things. I tested it again with the digital and no power but then I tested the battery and it showed no power which I knew was incorrect. I got out a little analog multimeter and it showed that there WAS power to the battery and the battery connection to the distributor and it was 12.30 or so at the distributor.

So my problem now is since I do have the power needed for the distributor why am I not getting any spark to the plugs? I hooked up my timing light to each of the spark plug wires and none of them are getting spark as the timing light isn't going off at all.

Could it be my pickup coil?

I'm speechless..I'm without speech. I just don't understand how right after I got it running not but a couple hours later its not even producing spark...ugh! not fair.

Once again I come to you guys totally baffled by this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy

Last edited by R@nger; 05-30-2005 at 06:38 PM.
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote