The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #1
stringpickin

Location: Northern Ca. at the base of the valley just entering the sierra foothills
Rancho RS9000 shocks and In Cab controller

Hey and Good day!!!! Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Rancho RCX in cab controller hooked up to the Rancho RS9000 shocks. I am getting ready to put them on my rig. I was told by one person that I can mount the shocks upside down and it will not affect how they work or how the valve works in conjunction with the 9 way adjustable feature.. Anyone know if that is absolutely true?
I was also told that the the kit, although the compressor and the gauges are adequate quality, that the tubing and the way the connectors slide in to the shock, that they are super sensitive and hard to get them to not leak. Any info on that?
Also do you know,, is the system always under pressure? Or does the compressor come on only when you need to switch the setting.
Does the air pressure just allow the valve to be turned, or does the air pressure actually hold the knob/selector to stay in the proper position for the setting you choose.
I goofed and did not call Rancho before this weekend. So I am looking for some quick advice. Especially about mounting them upside down. That would be so nice because then I would not have to let slack tubing run along side the shock. I could just plumb it at the top of the shock. Keep the tubing out of the way of getting stuck on branches etc...

Thanks for you advice and help.. Hope all is great for you!!! String..