The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
ChevyCowgirl

Still Not Finished!

I need to blow off a little steam here. The guy who is helping me on my truck is employed by my dad yet he still acts like I should kiss his hairy white ass everytime I mention working on my truck. He says that I have a bad attitude...and thats why hes not working on it. Whatever he hasnt seen a bad attitude yet. Its not like there is that much left to do yet he wont get on it. I would love to have her complete by June 23 to go to NY but I dont see it happening! Whats left is putting on the front bumber, something with the core support, putting on the grill and trim and hooking everything up to the engine...and painting her. I realize that it is a lot of work but he is getting payed pretty well to do it. The weather has been pretty nice here so i dont see what the problem is. If he would just hook up the crap to the engine and fix the core support I could do the rest. I had the exhaust sysytem almost all hooked up and he told me that I'd have to take it back off and wait for him to hook the other stuff up first. Why??? I have not a clue. So I wasted about 3 hours puttng it all on just to take it back off. I mentioned hiring someone else to do it and he got all defensive about it. He doesnt understand that I'm not really loving this buick LeSabre that I've been stuck driving since the beginning of May. I told my dad that I was getting irritated that it wasnt getting done and he got pissed because he and Vick (the guy working on my truck) have been friends forever. So im kinda up the creek here!! I miss Old Red!! Shes the best truck ever!! she had character and she looked so nice going down the road....its like seeing your best friend in the Intensive Care unit except its in my driveway not a hospital. I dont know...Im just really bummed out..he told me that she would be done for graduation which was friday night and shes wasnt so i had to drive the lesabre to my freaking highschool graduation..it was a let down most definately I always had the biggest truck in the school parking lot and now its the grandma car that doesnt look good covered in mud like Old Red did. Its a shame to have so much power just sitting there not being used. I miss her.
ChevyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote