The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2005, 02:21 AM   #1
69gmcbigblock

newb with some questions

hey all,

so i just got a 3/4 ton gmc custom longbed with a 396 and i was wondering what my options are for front disc. i have seen the kits on the web but i was wondering if any later model front ends can be bolted on and if someone could tell me what the basics are for that swap and how much i'd expect to spend doing it.

also, the truck has been resprayed white, but was originally a light blue. does anyone know of a pic on the web showing a nice truck this light blue color? i -think- it's the same color combo as the short bed that SB_in_SC is restoring, but i'm not sure. from what i can tell it's just light blue with a white roof, but the dark blue on the glove box makes me wonder if there was dark blue anywhere else.

also the prev owner had the bench redone with oem style vinyl, but it seems more torquoise. am i right in guessing that originally it was the darker blue that the side panels are?

i just got the truck 2 days ago and it's still in need of a good scrub, but here's a few pics...

don't hate me for saying this but this is my first american truck. i've been into vintage vw's (mostly busses) and i've been guilty of owning in a lifted 86' toyota turbo, a beater mazda truck and currently an '04 frontier crew longbed 4x4 that i'm selling. besides all that jive i spend most of my money on motorcycles. for now my gmc will be mostly a home depot and dump runner, but hopefully a proper resto will be in her future. until then i will lurk around and absorb all the info i can -- expect a few dumb questions and poorly spelled post

cheers
droo
69gmcbigblock is offline   Reply With Quote