The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2005, 10:48 PM   #1
hogzilla1306

Smile Hello Board New Member

Hello everyone, there are a lot of very nice looking rides on here. I just got my first K5 Blazer. 72 Chevy 350/350/205. My first truck was a 72 GMC (custom deluxe) I think what it was pickup. Anyway, I wrecked my last truck a few months ago and after not having anything to drive for a while, I found what I think was a sweet deal. I got this baby (I call it the mustard machine) at a steal I think for $650. Everything important works right now, but I've got a lot of stuff to do if I ever hope to have a ride in the same class as you guys. So far I've only replaced the Spark Plugs and wires and added an inline fuel filter. The gas tank is in really bad shape. Will be ordering one soon, but it's my DD so I'll have to take it slow. I'm not much of a mechanic, but everybody's gotta start somewhere so I'm gonna give it a hell of a shot. Very limited budget, but lots of friends that are willing to work for beer. Thanks in advance for all of the help that I know you will be able to give me, I'm gonna need alot of it. So here it is as it sits now, I plan to get the top off tomorrow. Will post pics. Do I have a trazer? Will have some more pics and a better overall look for everyone to see what I'm gonna start working with. The bottom two pics are of a broken fuel filter housing that I had to hunt down the part for. Took 3 days. Nobody around here even knew what it was. Stole one off an old carb and runs like a charm now.
Attached Images

Last edited by hogzilla1306; 07-01-2005 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Forgot info.
hogzilla1306 is offline   Reply With Quote