The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
Rokcrln

New to the board, thought I'd say hi.

Hi guys~ I just found out about this site from the Pirates of the Rubicon site yesterday. I have had my 71 SWB for about 5-6yrs now and it has been in project stage for about 4yrs. I tour it apart the weekend before I found my first house so it got trailered and burried in the garage. I did alot of work to it and then just found a new (1928) house we just bought so it trailered once again. I now have a 25x45 shop to work on it and all my other toys. I live in Northern Cali near Sacramento in a small town called Winters. Population is about 6k and I am 15 min from Lake Berriessa. I work in the bay area as a superintendant for a metal framming co.

The truck started off stock but in real great shape. I then found some rust under the floor and covered up in the rain gutters so I found a new cab that is rust free. The truck sits on 335/35/17's in the back and 245/40/17's up front for now. I will end up with 18's and 20's when finished. It has an old kit from air ride tech I put on 5yrs ago and that is going to get replaced with their ride tech pro kit. The frame has been Z'ed 4" behind the cab. The truck has a 2" body drop done to it so the front and rear sections of the frame have been stepted to match things up. I moved the motor back in the frame 2" to make a bit more room in front for a super charger and the motor is a 93 vett LT1 so their is not a dist. to worry about. The tranny is a built up 700R4 with a custom tube cross member to allow the exhaust to run above the frame. The rear is a 12 bolt with 3.43's and an eaton posi. The truck is 4 wheel disk, PS, PW, CC, and A/C from vintage air. The bed has had the most work done to it so far. I have sectioned the inside 6" to make up for the 4" Z and the 2" body drop. At the tail gate floor it is stock height and 6" in it angles up at a 45 and then flatens out to the lifted bed floor. The bed ribs needed for this ramp came from the mini tub I did to tuck those 335's so all the bed ribs line up from tail to head. I used two sets of fender wells to build the tubs and keep all the lines looking stock through out the bed. The truck is ready to have the body shimmed on the frame to the correct height so I can check for body allignment prior to finishing the body work and paint. The frame is ready for sand blasting and powder coating then I will run all my lines and it will be ready for a painted body.

Well this is as far as things have gotten so far. I will be a bit before I can get back on it due to I have another project I need to finish first. It is a rock crawler I am building for the rubicon. It is almost ready for testing and then Paint and PDR coating. Then the 71 chevy will get finished and after that I have a real clean 71 Ford bronco I am going to build a 2wd street rod out of. Well here are a few pics of my toys. I need to find the box with my build up pics of the truck so I can share more detailed shots of what I listed above. Well thanks for letting me rant on about my sh!t and I hope to meet as meany of you as I can here in the future.

Kevin
Winters 95694
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote