The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #26
FirstGen
Just Don't Stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68LSS1
I agree with FirstGen (almost) and I didn't mean to put the Megasquirt comparable to the others because it's not even close. Note on the engine above is still uses a stock ECu so if you have access to a good tuner you can push them pretty far. As far as the throttle by wire I'd use it. One question though. If he doesn't use it, won't he have to get another ECU or flash that ECU with a model year program that had the cable driven throttle body instead of electronic? I didn't know MSD had come out with a coil but at $75 per I think I'll pass. And as far as the thread for Street & Performance that lilred67 provided, they have some good stuff but a lot of it is a lttle on the high side (price wise). And Rob, like was mentioned, not a super deal but not bad either. I would compare it to buying a crate engine also. Get it and one start saving for one of the new 6L80E's. Throw the Shrifter on there and drive the crap out of it..... Sorry, I get carried away.

No you can reflash the PCM and modify the harness to go to a cable TB. Alot of the hard core vette guys do this. It eliminates alot of computer problems/trouble that comes into play when you get some serious power adders and big cams.