The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2005, 12:52 AM   #1
Rokcrln

Has anyone had this thought or built it?

I am always thinking a few projects ahead of what ever I am working on at the time. Ok here it is, an extended cab 72ish truck. I know their are a few out their but this is a little different. What I would use is a Burb for the donner cab. This way you get the square back upper edge of the front doors not the curved tops we have on out trucks now. I have never liked the look of the curved edge when I have seen people extend this era cab. I would want the extended doors (yes one on each side) to open. So I would need a donner passenger side B post for the driver side B post. Then I would use a regular cab truck back to cap off the Burb front. Then you would need to square up the upper rear corners of the truck cab door openings and narrow up the burbs third door to fit the extention doors. Then add a short fleet side bed to it and you would be mostly done. So am I nuts? I have the shop, Tools, and 98* of the ability to do it all so why not. Oh I almost forgot you would also need to do a slight chop to the roof (just the roof above the rain gutters) and blend it in to the front and back sections.

Kevin

Also if their is a better section to post this in let me know!
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote