The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2005, 02:16 AM   #1
camss69

Newbe with ??'s

Hey fellas,

I've been lurking for a while learning as much as I can.

I've been wanting to get one of these for quite a while (years) and have a couple questions I can't seem to find the answers to on the board. I've got some classic muscle experience with a 69 camaro, and a 72 nova.

How difficult is it to swap a v8 into an inline 6 truck? (I'm going to look at a shortbed stepside tomorrow or sat with an inline six.)
How long is a longbed 3/4 ton truck? As in front to rear bumper. (wondering if it will fit in my small garage)
Are there any major differences between the 68-72's that should make me seek out one over the other?
Are the leaf spring trucks better or worse than the coil spring trucks? And what comes on what? As in a 3/4 ton will always have coil springs etc..
How rare are the factory ac trucks? I've already seen 3 and was under the impression they were few and far between.

Luckily I'm in california, and there seem to be quite a few trucks to pick from. I've looked at 9 as of tonight this past week, and going to look at another tomorrow. It's difficult for me to put a value on things and judge a good price for these since I've pretty much found every combination possible just haven't been able put a value on them from what I know.

Thanks!!
camss69 is offline   Reply With Quote