The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2005, 02:15 AM   #1
Green Machine

Complaining - I am so damn tired of aftermarket parts that don't fit- ARRGGHH

It started when I bought two sets of cab mounts for my 68 and 70, The parts were not the same as oem, and came with cheap bolts, not even grade 5 and the vendor would not return.

Rear wheel tubs came with wrinkles on both ends and mis-stamped holes, returned those and got some more tri-plus from another vendor. Al least those ony had wrinkles in on end so I could hide them toward the front.

Rocker panels , floor sections,lower kick panels, cab corners, and inner rockers did not fit for sh1t without some major tweaking. (all sheetmetal tri plus) New front fenders were a joke, 300 bucks down the drain, ended up fixing old fenders, vendor won't return them,

Inner front fenders needed a lot of tweaking and hole grinding to get close to fitting, New rad support needed lots of hole elongation and grinding of some non square edges where it meets fender to fit.

New 65 dollar powder coated battery box did not line up with all holes in rad support, and did not line up well with inner fender. Don't know if it was box or support problem.

Windsheild to cowl seal holds hood out of position, Heater blower wheel was metal and too small.

Rear bumper and license bracket does not fit for crap with each other, if you bolt them together, it warps the bumper, new licence light came with broken rubber deal that fits in the socket

New dash pad came with tons of extra rubber molded inside, after trimming excess mold flash to fit, I now find that the danm glove box door won't shut beacuse pad sits too low, that pad cost 90 bucks !!.

Winsheild gasket that I had here for 5 years did not fit right, had to remove glass again and order new one.

I ordered some new chrome for the tailgate and the damn clips don't have the tits or prongs to push against the trim, so when you try to install it the clips push inside the trim and won't hold tight.

Ordered two new 5 inch round mirrors for the outside rear view, and the glass distorts so bad, image looks like fun house mirrors.

I am SO tired of the **** that they sell you to fix your pride and joy and the crap turns any fun you may have to parts hell on earth. I'm pissed.
2001 GMC Sierra 1500 C3 6.0
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote