The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
ClayMore_5by5

My Baby is finally comin' HOME!!!

After four years of being held prisoner by hands of Fate, my '72 C-10 Deluxe is finally coming home!! I bought the truck years ago and it gave years of faithful service until about four years ago. A timing issue downed the truck and after that it seemed that life did not want me to drive it again. My dad passed on, then money got very tight, then I was activated for Iraqi Freedom, then my health went south on me (I spent my 40th birthday on a walker), then the Army kicked me to the curb because of the medical issues, then my wife left me because she wanted a "New Life", yada, yada, yada.

I finally have a place to resurrect the ol' bomber and with any luck it should be delivered tomorrow! I hope to have some pics to post of the poor beast, so I can document it's rehab.

I've been crusin' this forum and have found so many tips and tricks to help me along the way, that I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all of you. I only hope that all of you won't get tired of me poppin' off questions on a regular basis.

Speaking of which...... During the truck's incarceration, someone attempted to break in by smashing the passenger side window. The safety glass coating held, so they didn't get anything, but the window is ruined.

Any tips on a home grown way of installing one-piece side windows? My money situation is getting better, but not good enough to pay for a "Custom" window kit!!
ClayMore_5by5 is offline   Reply With Quote