The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
PunkyGoose

Newbie needs rust repair help…

Hello to all, I have looking at this site, on and off, for some time, and the information and pictures you share is really tremendous. What a great site this is.

I am starting on my “project 72 Blazer” and could really use a hand. My truck it is just a bit on the rusty side – the worst of it around the “B” pillars! In fact, some pieces are so far gone I can not envision how they were originally.

My plan is to start by cutting the front skin of the pillar off above the floor line and start with the short “back of the cab” section but I am open hoping for suggestions for the “order” I should proceed with.

I have not been able to locate a source for the panel that bolts to the rear, side, of the rocker boxes and there is nothing left to repair, so if anyone knows where any are …

I have also found two bolts (see pictures - if I can figure out how to post them) and would really like to see what they originally attach to! Any pictures you might be able to post would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.
Attached Images

PunkyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote