The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

Question New Gauges -- hookup

I did sift the FAQs... I didn't find this so I'll ask..

I just aquired a 7 hole instrument panel to replace my 3 hole panel. This will allow me to discard the cute little 3 gauge cluster tacked onto the bottom of dash.

Speedo, gas gage and signals are pretty obvious and it look to me like the oil preasure gauge will use the same capilary tube that the little Sunpro aftermarket gauge uses. The ammeter I assume I can also move the wires to from the aftermarket (worst I can do is hook it up backwards... and that should be imediatly obvious.. lol)

I can figure out how (especialy with the help I found in the faqs) to fit a tach into the large empty space in the middle and hooking these guys up is fairly trivial.

My question is the temp gauge. The aftermarket gauge has a flex shielded cable coming out of it. It appears to me that this is a capilary tube. I figure the regular sensor should be readily available but ... (dum-dum-duh....) will I be able to readily identify the correct wires in the harness or am I going to have to run my own feed from the new sensor to the gauge?

Thanks Y'all!
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote