The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
Russell
Professional Grade

Why do my fenders fit so terribly?

Hey guys!

I'm in the process of re-installing my old fenders, and an old hood so I can shoot primer onto my truck without getting my engine / frame etc all covered with overspray. However, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get my fenders to bolt up. Its like the cab is too close to the rad support, but I've got the rad support as far forwards as it goes, and the cab as far back as it goes.

Also, the back of my fender is looking terrible as far as alignment goes as well. There is a very small gap at the top, and a huge one at the bottom, leading me to think that the core support is up too high (put the fender down as far as it'll go on the core support, and I have like 3 shims up front, yet the physical body lines are not lining up at all.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Russell; 08-08-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote