The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Kelowna Members - Free Truck*

Well guys, this is a hard one for me to post.

I'm giving my truck away to any member that wants it, but posted for Kelowna members as it's more reasonable. There is a catch though. The back is full of garbage that needs to be taken to the dump. This is one of the reasons I'm giving the truck away as I'm pissed off that everyone thinks the truck is a communal garbage can, and it NEEDS TO STOP!! (the truck is on my property) Hell, I have parts of my old deck in the back, and ever since, the pile miraculously gets bigger every damn night! Someone even left a wheel barrow full - with the damn wheel barrow!!!! (WTF??) I didn't want to put it in the paper as free, and have all the mutts in the town coming by my house. (with their bags of garbage - lol!)

Some people may think I'm nuts, and you're probably correct. I know I'll miss the truck, but it needs to go. I am posting it here in hopes that a fellow Kelowna member will take her away and treat her properly. I just don't have the money or the time anymore to do anything with her, not to mention the original reason I uninsured it, and parked it was the gas prices. Hell, I haven't done anything to it in months, so now the spiders are making a nice home in it.

She does run, and you can drive her right out of my yard if you like! If memory serves me, she has just under a half tank of gas, plus both CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) tanks are full. The truck will eventually need a new clutch as it's starting to slip in certain situations. She has a 350ci V8, three-on-the-tree shifter, and nothing really to go on and on about. The last time I filled the truck up with natural gas - it was CHEAP! I think it came to something like 80¢/kg - total bill to fill both less than $16.00. The mileage is comparible to a full tank of gasoline. Again there's a catch with this though. The only gas station left that carries CNG is the Mac's store out on Boucherie Rd. (all the way out on the Westside!) The Chevron on HWY 97 and Spall used to have a pump for CNG - got rid of it. So much for using cleaner fuels I guess.

Well, I can't think of much more to type but know I will think of something AFTER I post this - LOL.

Edit - wouldn't you know it - 1000 posts too!

Last edited by JoetheMobster; 08-09-2005 at 10:11 AM.
JoetheMobster is offline   Reply With Quote