The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2005, 11:31 PM   #1
jamal

glowing manifolds, help still glow

I know this is not the right forum but I've posted elsewhere with no response. You guys know your stuff and am sure you can help that is why I ask. I finally have my 98 running again. I broke the new engine in tonight. The only thing that I thought was strange was while I was breaking the engine in the manifolds started glowing. It was dark out and when I shined a flashlight on them they didnt look red anymore. Was it b/c it was dark and was running engine between 2500 and 3000rpm without any moving air? I couldn't find any vacuum leaks and everything was sealed from mass air back to the intake. Ran good and oil pressure was around 80 at start up and droped to around 45 when warm and temp stayed in normal range. Anything to worry about or is it normal? I never broke an engine in at night so I have no idea if it is normal or not.

Last edited by jamal; 08-15-2005 at 10:41 PM.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote