The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2005, 09:35 PM   #26
DTerry
'70 GMC C-25 LWB

Autozone and/or Advance Auto (Pep boys) etc. all rent tools for "free." You'll need to basically buy it first, and just return it when you're done. It's usually around a hundred bucks for this tool. They know that's what you'll do and they OK with that. It just keeps poeple for stealing them. It'll take you a half hour to switch each one out. Most of that time will be spent getting the spindle off, and figuring out the spacers and cups configuration of the tool to do the pressing. Be sure to oil the threads of the press first. The instructions will probably say don't use an impact wrench, but I haven't broken a press yet. You choose, a regular wrench will work fine too.

The uppers will take longer, as you need to grind and punch out the rivets, like I posted in your other thread. Uppers are harder than lowers, IMHO.

(D)
350, vortec 305 heads. 10:1 comp, t5 trans. Street terrrorizer.
1988 Monte Carlo (Super Stock ashpalt race car)
My Truck

Last edited by DTerry; 08-17-2005 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
DTerry is offline   Reply With Quote