The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2002, 10:53 PM   #1
DaHateTank

Smile FNGs rear axle questions

Hi All,

IIRC, I was on this forum, quite a while ago, but I lost the link, due to some computer problems. Glad to see its still here...

Anyway, I have a '72 Blazer, that mainly, sits around violating my backyard, but is intended for some off-roading and winter driving use.

Having ejected axles from the half-ass 12 bolt, in the past, I recently snapped up some 3/4 ton diffs, when a good deal came up.

The axles are out of a '76 3/4 ton 4WD. A 14-bolt full floater, and a Dana 44.

According to what Ive learned so far, the front is basically a bolt -in, as the spring pads are the same width...is this correct??

In the rear, I am gonna have to move the spring perches, I think. Anything to watch out for, when we do this?? Where can a guy buy the spring perches (the stock cast steel ones, will probly get wrecked, cutting them off)

Also, I am thinking of doing a disc brake conversion, on the 14 bolt. Does anyone have some good tips, or perhaps a website. that details this swap?? Id like to see some good pics, as I have access to some CNC equip, (including a laser) and I think I could make my own brackets, If I could get any dimensions...

Thanks, in advance, for any help!!

here's a pic, of the ole POS, violating my folk's yard

'72 Blazer, '66 396, SM465, NP205, 6" susp., 36 Swampers

Last edited by DaHateTank; 08-19-2002 at 11:42 PM.
DaHateTank is offline   Reply With Quote