The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Jimbotronics
YA YA

967 mile turn and burn to get parts...

Cab was supposed to be completely 'redone' and ready to set on the frame - as it turns out there's a few issues that'll need to be taken care of but nothing major that I can see so far. The four-core is off a 3/4 ton truck (is it a direct fit once I buy the four core brackets?) the visers and door panels are originals and have been in storage for quiet some time but are not dry rotted or cracked at all - should clean up nicely. Windshield has one little pit in it but should be okay for awhile. I'll be taken the cab down to a buddy's shop later this morning so I once I get his take I'll have a litte better idea of what I got. Oh yea, he also gave me the ds/ps doors (one has been redone the other is in bad shape) vin plate, tittle, and glove box door that goes with it, as well as the gauged instrument cluster.

Gas kicked my A$$. However, I never seen one station out of gas and the highest price I paid for fuel (even around Atlanta, GA) was 3.23 but most of the stops was around 3.09.

'72 SWB - 350 (frame-off resto in progress - donations accepted)

'04 Chevy Avalanche

'03 Cadillac CTS (wife's ride)

Restoration progress - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=335707

Last edited by Jimbotronics; 09-04-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Jimbotronics is offline   Reply With Quote