The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Which Taillights?
Use the stock taillights in the first photo. 11 23.91%
Use the two clearance lights on each side. 3 6.52%
Use one clearance light on each side. 1 2.17%
Find different taillights. 31 67.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
Old Yeller 1970
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Your Opinion Please - Which Tailights?

First, a little introduction. I've been on the forum for several months without a formal intro, so here goes.

I grew up in West Texas (where I will be moving back to as soon as our house sells) and have owned Old Yeller since 1990 the summer before my sophomore year in college.

I wasn't too enamored with the idea of owning a yellow long bed step side at the time but I needed some wheels. One test drive in Old Yeller gave me a complete change of mind. This old truck had all kinds of tire smoking torque and plenty more power than any of the trucks from the '70's and '80's. So I was smitten.

As college wore on, Old Yeller and I became inseparable. After school I upgraded the brakes to power disk and lowered him. Through thick and thin, mostly thin, we've been through it all. My wife and I even went on our honeymoon in him. Finally, 2 1/2 years ago I got up the money to start making him over in earnest, as you can see from the signature.

Now, I want your opinion about what to do with the tail lights. As you can see from the pick the tailgate is sans chains (cables inside bed now) and latches from the inside.
I really don't want to go back with the stock tail lights.
I'm thinking about using the two clearance lights on each side, one for running light and the other for turn/brake sig.
Or use one clearance light on each side and modify it so one bulb in the light is for the running light and the other is for turn/brake (assuming it's bright enough). Or find something else entirely but what?
Attached Images