The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2005, 07:25 PM   #1
pappyfromjersey

Trying to install a cigarette lighter kit. Please help.

First, I don't have a digital camera (or any way to take pictures for all of you to see). Sorry.

I own a '72 Chevy C10 lwb truck. I bought a cigarette lighter kit from Chevy Duty and made a bad attempt to install it. I got as far as installing the lighter socket and bezel in the dash and fishing the wires through to the fuse box.

This is where things got rough. I'm a plumber by trade, and have next to no knowledge of things electrical (automotive or otherwise). What I CAN tell you is that the factory-installed terminations on the supplied wires were "bullet-shaped" and all of the connections on my fuse panel are a male spade-type.

But that's not really the problem. The spot on my fuse panel marked "cig" is empty. What I mean is that there's no spade-type connection there. There's just a squarish hole.

Is there another spot that I can connect the heating element/light leads to? Is there something I can shove into that hole that will make the connection?

I've purchased some termination fittings from Pep Boys that looked like they would fit into that hole, but had no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry my first post was a cry for help and contained no good pictures of my ride or my problem.
Attached Images

pappyfromjersey is offline   Reply With Quote