The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2005, 04:26 AM   #1
apstguy
LED King

Coolant Valve & update on me

Has anyone ever found a valve to go inline with one of the heater core hoses? I want to stop flow to the heater core in summer and don't want to use a hose pincher - after 6 months, it would leave the hose permenantly stuck. So do they even make a 3/8 or 1/4 barbed inline valve for something like this? What is your guy's remedy?

FYI - I've been out lately because work, school, and gas prices force me to park the truck until gas prices drop. She has been stuck in the driveway for a month and it doesn't look like she'll be moving any time soon. I hope to soon be saving up for a 350 crate for her (the factory one) and saving up to rebuild the suspension and steering. BTW there was a replacement steering shaft for the steering collum that uses an actual u-joint instead of a rag joint. Was this a flaming river item? Someone on here had one - any info? I also had surgery last week - my appendix burst and is keeping me out of work and school - I'm going stur crazy! I want to use the time I have off to work on the truck but my body is still healing and I would only mess it up if I tried to do anything. GRRRRR!!!! The good news is that I have started again on my project to add LED dome lights and blue "atmosphere" lights to the truck. I finally ordered a bunch of electronics parts - I can work on electronics without hurting myself so it gives me something to do. The pics I attatched I drew a couple years ago of my idea. I want to light up all the air vents blue, make clear dome lights in the foot well, blue lights in the foot well, convert overhead dome light to LEDs, make puddle lights, and find some way of lighting up the power lock/windows switches. The way of lighting up the switches in my head (I know this grammer is HORRIBLE) is to place a plexiglass panel behind each switch that is slightly bigger to it basically lights up the outline of the switches. It will be tricky but I think I can get it to work.

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32

Last edited by apstguy; 10-19-2005 at 08:48 PM.
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote