The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2005, 09:44 PM   #1
67Fleet
Outlandish Trends - FL

Ordered more goodies

Well, yesterday I ordered up some 1-1/2" lowering blocks, adjustable trac-bar and shock relocation kit with Doetsch Tech shocks from CPP. Everything totaled out to be about 300-. Not bad. This afternoon I tore my rear end apart so I could get it ready for the fitment of my wheels. (I've got 20x8.5" Raceline Phat Divas) The hub boring on the wheels is 3". Axle flange out back is 3-1/2". Doh!!! I knew this going in when I got them. They fit fine up front. So I took the axles out and will be taking them to the machine shop tomorrow during my lunch break to have the flanges milled down. Gonna bring them the axles, a drum and a wheel for tolerance and fitment checks. Good thing I tore everything down because it looks like I'll be ordering new drums from CPP tomorrow morning too. Rear shoes on the pass. side were worn through to the rivets and they chewed up the drum beyond repair. GRRRRR!!!!! There goes more money.