The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 02:00 AM   #1
Frizzle Fry

Upgraded Front and New Rear Sway (in a Burb)

I posted some pics of the front in a reply to another thread, but now that the rear is on I though I'd put them together here.

Front went from 1 1/16" with worn stock bushings to 1 1/4" from a 76 3/4 ton (free with trade for my old bar) with Energy Suspension Poly. Also removed the mounts completely and bolted the bushings to the frame. Total cost: $36.00 (cost of bushings)

Out back I've added a 2001 Camaro rear bar (either 19 or 21mm I'll have to check) thanks to the nice write up NeonLarry linked (and I can't find at the moment). Just drove it for the first time with both bars installed and it feels super flat in the turns but still comfortable, similar to my 2001 2wd Tahoe. It was wet so I didn't push it too hard. I'll give it a full test when the roads dry out Total cost: $5 plus shipping for the bar with inner bushings off ebay + $4 ea for 3" muffler clamps + $17 for new poly end-links so we're talkin less than $50 installed for the rear.

Next will be dropped rear springs so I can reduce the height of the lowering blocks, poly inner bushings on the rear sway bar, followed by a small notch

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 10-28-2005 at 02:03 AM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote