The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
bad68bowtie
On the college boy budget...

Speaker kick panels?

Hi I'm still new here and I thoroughly enjoy this site and all it has to offer, especially the tips and advice, but the pictures are always nice to waste hours lookin at too.
I'm plannin to finally get rid of the worthless cassette player thats currently in my truck and install a new Pioneer cd player but I figured before I do all that I needed to get my speakers squared away. The setup thats currently in the truck is one worn out 6x9(?) in the stock dash location and two 6.5" Blaupunkt speakers in the glovebox door (don't ask me why they're there because I wouldn't mind knowin myself). While I guess I can sort of hear things comin from the stereo when I'm drivin, the whole system doesn't exactly sound good and I was thinkin of orderin some kick panels with speakers in them from Chevy Duty. Has anybody ever gone with this setup? Any idea on how complicated installation will be? Any help and advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.