The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2005, 01:48 PM   #1
One Of A Kind

Question Should I buy this truck?

What it is: 1980 Chevy regular cab, short bed, 2wd

What it has: 350, auto, cruise, A/C, 2wd, missing some trim after an obvious (older) repaint, NO RUST, Well over 100,000 miles on the truck (not sure if it’s the stock engine), mid 1990’s C/K wheels, might have power windows and locks as well

What needs to be repaired: Power steering leak, bad A/C, no jack or spare, cracked windshield, broken horn

Cost: Originally set at $4,995 then reduced to $3,595 now it is sitting at $2,295

This winter it would be parked (WI + 2wd + snow and ice = very bad idea) so most of the items needed to be fixed could be done then. The only thing that truly would need to be fixed so I could drive it semi safely right away would be to fix the power steering leak and maybe find a used spare to throw in the bed until a better one can be found and mounted.

So does this sound like a good project truck or should I wait to find a better deal someplace else? By the way it is VERY hard to find a ‘73-‘87 2wd short bed around here and even harder to find out without any body rust.

Also about how much would a power steering leak cost to fix assuming the worst? Again the truck is a 1980 Chevy C-10 with a 350 V8 and automatic transmission.
One Of A Kind is offline   Reply With Quote