The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
decodan
C-20 Long Stroker

Going to Get "New" Truck in a Week...

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I posted a couple of times already trying to find help IDing the engine on the truck I am buying. Thanks for all the help so far.

Well here is a little about me and the new truck. I have been a Street Rodder for 35 plus years. The avatar is my 1954 Chevy Sedan Delivery,http://www.decodan.com/1954sedandelivery150.htm. It is my daily driver and has been for about 50,000 miles now since the build. It is now costing too much (gas) and needs some attention so I plan to park it for a while and use the new truck for my daily driver.

I found a 1963 C-20 with 40,000 original miles. It has a 292 with 4 speed trans. Interior looks like new. My wife and I are flying out to the west coast to drive it back. I have already have some work done to it to insure its road worthyness. I had all the belts, hoses, fluids and filters changed and wheel bearings packed. 4 new tires and wheel cylinders replaced. The plan is to drive it back to Memphis. The weather will determine the route we take back.

I plan to drive this as my work vehicle instead of the '54. I will keep it pretty much original for now. Some future plans will of course be a 700r and rear gears. Since I just put 4 new wheel cylinders in I'll keep the drums for a while but will change the master to power.

That is probably enough for now and I'll post some pictures when we get back. Thanks to this site for all the great info and help. Dan
decodan is offline   Reply With Quote