The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2002, 03:04 PM   #1
one legged lance

Need Photoshop help w/ Project Suburba-lanche

Hello & Howdy Photoshopers,
After seeing some of the ability of those who know how to use Photoshop I thought I would elist some help with a possible project.
My wife loves the Chevy Avalanche and thinks she wants one for her next vehicle in a couple of years. I love my 72 C10 and really really don't want to shell out the dough for something new that is only good for 100k miles when my truck could have a sister soooo easily. So...... here is the idea
Take a 71 or 71 'burb and cut in behind the rear doors removing the roof & windows but leaving the sides and rear drop hatch, then take the back of a truck cab and weld it on making a rear window and meeting the indsides of the rear area. Then finish out the rear insides and add a short hard cover and taa daa you have a retro Avalanche....whatda think.
Problem is my wife ain't great at seeing stuff in her head, this is the reason that I would like some mock up pics of what is might look like. I can draw pretty well but pics in full color would help soooo much.
Anyway if she goes for it I figure I can do the whole deal for less that 1/2 of a new truck and it would be paid for w/o depreciation no less
Allthoughts are welcome and if anyone else likes the idea and wants to build one first go for it....that way I can show her a finished truck before we even start
Thanks in advance,
1 Leg Lance
one legged lance is offline   Reply With Quote