The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2005, 01:11 PM   #1
69TowRig

Smile At last!

After 11 long months of tinkering and fixing up, I can officially say my truck has passed safety inspection and can be registered here in TX!

In January the truck had one working brake out of four, almost none of the lights in/on the truck worked, the engine had cooling and ignition issues, the interior looked like it had 36 years of HARD wear on it.

Today the truck sports a conversion to power disc brakes, EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL works, the engine fires at the turn of the key (still doesn't run especially smooth), and numerous interior bits have been fixed or replaced to at least make the truck liveable.

Yesterday I fix one lingering issue with a brake fitting and figured out why a tail light didn't work, then I rushed out to get it inspected. I guess the guy wasn't too particular, I was sure the exhaust would fail (I've tried to patch it but it that only partially effective). That will be fixed here soon (now that I know the LMC kit can be cut to fit).

Now I can drive some life back into it, between me and the previous owner the truck has sat for nearly 5 years. It was really weird driving this old truck on the street after just looking at it sit for so long. Now it needs some new tags.

A BIG THANKS! to all those on this board and others that have helped with parts and advice along the way. The Blazer still has a long way to go, but this was a huge step. Pics of my new inspection sticker pending...

*EDIT*

Here's the inspection sticker:

The rest are available at the link in my signature (repeated here): http://home.earthlink.net/~onlyonedr/pictures/BLAZER/

Most of the pictures are really NOT exciting, more for my own reference. I have a bunch of friends that always want to know what I am up to as well.
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...

Last edited by 69TowRig; 11-16-2005 at 02:17 AM.
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote