The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #27
70rs/ss

Re: please don't do this to your truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Overdrive
Just a good idea gone bad. (Moving tank=good idea, way they did it=bad execution) Though anywhere you mount a tank there is bound to be problems. In my truck they put two saddle tanks in and that spot isnt protected from side impact. Tank in the rear not to well protected from rear impact. Its possible for a driveline to take it out of the driveline snaps but with a two piece I doubt that would ever happen. The biggest thing about is it the FUBAR factor.

I was just reading along and it dawned on me that this truck is a shortbed, ie no carrier bearing, and yes a drivshaft failure could rupture the tank. By the way I want the lunch money Longhorn Man! All in all it is a bad case of I dunno? He probably had no clue how bad of a fashion fubar it was, and then again maybe he though it was a one of a kind idea!? I buy it, because the rest of the truck is sweet and I'll bet a Blazer tank will still fit under there, then again that fuel filler door......Oh Hell off the the scrap yard!! J/K
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote